Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Goodbye to my belongings


Sunday morning my father and I did the final packing of his van.  It's full, but all of my stuff did fit, and there was still room for his tools.  And by tools, I mean across-the-bed pickup toolbox, chop saw, and air compressor.  He was going to bring his shop vac until I told him that I already had one (yay shop vac!) that he could use, since he would be taking it home for me.  Then I left for a quick trip to New Hampshire.  I won't see my stuff again until I reach North Carolina sometime in November.  My brother Joe, on the other hand, is not so lucky.  He happens to be visiting my parents this week, so when Dad gets home, he'll get to help with unloading.  Now that's what I call mooching from a distance!  It takes talent to mooch off of a sibling without actually seeing him, from 800 miles away...  Sorry, Joe!  And Dad, I can't thank you enough.  I guess we'll just have to add this to the infinite list of things you've done for me, above and beyond the call of fatherly duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment